As part of our expansion plans, we are opening a Systems and Data Engineer position to support the research and development team.
You will be working with our engineers and data scientists to discover the information hidden in vast amounts of mobility data, in the particular vehicle driving data, and help us make smarter decisions to deliver reliable profiles to explain the variable costs of mobility.
You will play an important role in re-designing and optimizing our data platform and data pipeline architecture. The ideal candidate is an experienced systems engineer, having built data pipelines in the past and who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal storage, extraction, and the transformation of geospatial data from a wide variety of data sources
- Responsible for deploying Infrastructure as Code (IAC)
- Build and operate CI/CD Pipelines and apply site reliability engineering principles to services
- Optimize service performance by implementing service monitoring strategies
- Manage/operate and assure availability, performance, and security of the services
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Design and implement APIs to be consumed by visualization dashboards and mobile apps.
- Manage and operate deployments in cloud environments and bare-metal servers
- Work closely with software developers and data scientists to maintain software and interfaces needed for projects to be completed efficiently.
- Be proactive about challenges or constraints within a project and seek to manage them accordingly.
- Assist the management and sales in creating practical demonstrations of proposed solutions and demonstrating them to other members of the team
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives
- Always try to keep up to date with the latest technologies.
Skills and Qualifications
- We are looking for a candidate with 2+ years of experience in a System Engineer and/or Data Engineer role.
- Highly experienced with Python. Knowledge of Rust, Go, Scala, or Java is considered an asset.
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines, automation, Infrastructure as Code, configuration management, and deployment using tools such as Ansible, Terraform, etc.
- Proficiency in containerized environments such as Docker. Experience with Kubernetes is considered a plus.
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases such as Postgres and NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB and Cassandra. Experience with geospatial data and PostGIS is a plus.
- Experience designing and implementing production APIs. Experience with FastAPI or Flask is an asset.
- Previous exposure to designing a Cloud Solution Architecture (especially AWS) is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, event processing, and tools such as RabbitMQ and Celery.
- Experience with data pipelines and workflow management tools such as Airflow is an asset.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures, and data sets and tools such as Hadoop, Spark, and Kafka is a plus.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize mobility with a cutting edge data science provider
- A position that offers a variety of career experiences with a dynamic startup
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability
- Work with a team of fun and motivated individuals.
- Competitive salary and benefits